Re: CUPS (or Xprt) and psnup -2

Sami Haahtinen wrote:
>>Magnus Therning wrote:
>>
>>Is there some way of making a virtual printer in CUPS (or Xprt maybe?)
>>that allows me to print 2 pages on one (like 'psnup -2' does)?

>You should read the CUPS users manual: http://cups.org/sum.html#4_3_4
>There is a builtin feature for this.

Hmm, that doesn't seem to work. Probably due to the setup I (am forced
to) have. I use a lpd server to access the printers (URI:
lpd://printer.server:515/name). The printer uses the 'raw' driver. The
command:

 $ lp -o number-up=2 mozilla.ps

has absolutely no effect at all. I guess that if the printer server
were running CUPS (ipp) then it would work better.

In LPRng I'd set up a "virtual" printer that first filters all its jobs
through psnup and then sends it on to the printer server. Can I do
something similar in CUPS?

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

Philips: putting 'backwards' in 'backwards compatible'!