Re: Unidentified subject!

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 04:02:19PM +0530, gopalakrishnan wrote:

> I have intel D845GVSRL board and 2.4 GHZ processor. I installed Debian
> linux 3.0 (Woody), during installation it is
> not detected the onboard network card (intel 10/100 chipset) and also not
> supporting GUI , all in xdm,Gdm,and Kdm.

Either use the "vesa" or the "fbdev" xserver for your GUI. As for
the onboard NIC you should have got the driver sources along with
the Mainboard. Intel supplies them on the driver CD that accompanies
these MoBos.

I'm not sure but probably you could try out one of the newer kernels
to see if the driver has been updated. You should try out the "eepro",
"eepro100" and "eexpress" drivers.

HTH,

Didar
--

I'd rather be led to hell than managed to heavan.

                  Random signature generated by Signify v1.07
                             http://www.debian.org/