Re: Websphere MQ on Debian ??

On Saturday 14 August 2004 07:41 pm, Mark D. Hansen wrote:
> Has anyone here ever installed WebSphere MQ (MQ Series) on Debian Linux?
> Any special tricks or pitfalls?  Thanks.
-------------------------------------
I had IBM WebSphere  Site Developer installed a while ago. It was a trial
version and I was not impressed. I was wondering what the MQ is? I just got a
new DVD from IBM Developer Works to test their latest & greatest tools on
Linux. As I run Debian they seem interested that I convert all the .rpm stuff
to .debs so I can get a clean 'uninstall' :-) I really like the HomePage
Builder in Websphere but it does not run on Debian  sid at all. It 'needs'
old XFree86-3.xx to run and libc5 stuff. BTW; they still sell it but do not
support it at all: even though they will certainly take your money & tell you
that after. Their answer is to install old stuff to run it & they will not
let anyone else update it either. Sorry, a few sour grapes there. On another
note;  I  discovered that WebSphere is mostly made up of Open Source
'Eclipse' with a few addem IBM tweaks. They charge an arm & a leg for those
tweaks.
--
John Foster