Re: SHN tools ???

Michael D Schleif wrote:
What are currently working sources.list entries for these packages?

I have googled, and added these:

	deb http://www.rarewares.org/debian/packages/unstable ./

This should have what you are looking for. I just added it yesterday and both shntools and xmms-shn show up. While looking for it, I noticed a news item on one of the sites stating that the brazil site is/will be [transiently?] down for a couple of weeks. The one problem that I had with it is that the libfaad2-0 used by it seems to provide different symbol thingies[the soname wasn't bumped when it should have been?, it uses a cvs release instead of the stable release that Christian uses] than Christian Marillat's site and consequently they are incompatible. But that shouldn't affect you if you are just looking for shn stuff[which I haven't used].

I want to find these, in particular:

    shntools
    xmms-shn

What do you think?

dpkg -l '*shn*' doesn't turn up anything for me either even though they are definately there. I haven't done a 'full' dselect update since adding it so that could be it[ie the errors you got could be stopping it before it gets to the point where it updates the database that dpkg -l uses].