Re: Unidentified subject!

gopalakrishnan wrote:

I have intel D845GVSRL board and 2.4 GHZ processor. I installed Debian linux 3.0 (Woody), during installation it is not detected the onboard network card (intel 10/100 chipset) and also not supporting GUI , all in xdm,Gdm,and Kdm. Is any drivers avaibale in the net.

I think you'll get more responses if you'll use a meaningful subject line.

Basically, Woody is too old to recognize some of your hardware. Unless this is a server that needs 5x9 uptime/reliability, you'd probably be much happier with Testing or Unstable, which has much newer packages than does Woody. Of course, upgrading without a network is going to be somewhat difficult . . . .

You don't mention which kernel you have, but I suspect it's 2.2, which is ancient. With some Woody install CDs you can install a 2.4 kernel; that might help.

If you can get a copy of the new Debian installer (which is still in beta, but is getting close), and install with it, you'll probably find that most of your hardware problems go away. Otherwise, you'll probably have to manually figure out a way to upgrade your kernel and grab drivers off the net and compile them, which will require some kernel source files (headers, etc).

--
Kent