Re: What did I do wrong? (Filesystem recovery with ReiserFS)

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 11:23:28AM -0400, James Herschel wrote:
> I rebooted my server one day to find that I needed to run reiserfsck.
> So I booted up my trusty copy of Knoppix and ran it.  It said that I
> needed to run --rebuild-tree, so I did.

One has to wonder why you felt you needed to boot Crappix in order to fsck
the filesystem.  Was there something wrong with the OS already installed?

> What should I do next time?

Not use reiserfs.

--
 Marc Wilson |     I'm having BEAUTIFUL THOUGHTS about the INSIPID
 msw@cox.net |     WIVES of smug and wealthy CORPORATE LAWYERS ...