Counsole problem with kernel-image-2.6.7-1-686-smp

I just built a system using the new debian-installer. Everything (almost)
worked fine, but the d-i installed the default kernel,
kernel-image-2.6.7-1-386.  No problem.  I just used aptitude to upgrade to
kernel-image-2.6.7-1-686-smp.  I then updated my menu.1st file and grub and
rebooted.  Everything seamed to load fine, but when I was presented with a
logon prompt pressing keys would give me the following errors:

debian login: atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (raw set 2, code 0x113 on
isa0060/ser
io0).
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes 13 <keycode>' to make it known.

Every key I press their after presents me with the same message, the only
difference being the value displayed for "code " in the error message.

Any ideas?

Michael