Re: [Solved] Switching between KDE and Gnome - How?

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:13:38AM -0700, William Ballard wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 10:46:17AM -0700, Stefan Nicolai O'Rear wrote:
> >
> > You should have a file /etc/X11/default-display-manager. It contains the
> > filename of the display manager (xdm/kdm/gdm/etc...). Changing it should
> > work. (Me, I set it to /bin/false so I get a console login...)
>
> I think I remember doing this with update-alternatives somehow.

[Solved] Thanks, all, for trying to help, but my question was too dumb
for you to see the answer. I stumbled on the solution today. I want to
switch *desktop*, not *display managers*. To do that I pull down a
menu in the login window of the display manager that I am using,
whichever one, and select either KDE or Gnome, just prior to login.
I'd put a red-faced smiley here, if I weren't using text only MUA.

Thanks

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net