Re: smtp exim4 qpopper

nevermind, it was a simple setup issue resolved by doing
dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config and....on the section where it asks
what to listen to incoming smtp requests on (the default is 127.0.0.1
which
means it will accept nothing but requests on that machine) I set it to
blank,
which means it accepts requests on all public interfaces.

in order to relay mail from machines on your lan if your using
smarthost, you're
also going to have to specify local machines you relay for in the
config script (you enter the ip addresses) which for me was simply
192.168.1.0/24  you can
change the octet for whatever your lan uses

hope this at least points some people in the right direction

John