Re: [Debian-user] Woody to Sarge?

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:04:03PM +0530, Didar Hussain wrote:
> Also, how long should I wait after Sarge goes Gold. Should
> I just s/woody/sarge/g and do

I recommend you use the names 'stable', 'testing', 'unstable' in
sources.list, so that you don't have to change it for the codenames.
Stable is *always* Stable, but woody != Sarge when things change.

> apt-get update
> apt-get upgrade
> apt-get dist-upgrade

Basically, yes.

> Or would a fresh install from a netinstaller be more advisable?

This isn't windows.

-- Thomas Adam
--
"Frankly, Mr. Shankly, since you ask. You are a flatulent pain in
the arse." -- Morrissey.