Framebuffer: tty1 and tty2 differs

I have used "vga=792" as a startup parameter with kernel 2.6.7.

On tty2 I can type "reën môre" and it displays it normally.  That is
not the case on tty1 when a Greek delta replaces the ë and another
strange character the ô.

I have tried "reset" on tty1, but that makes no difference.

Any explanation and solution?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "But my God shall supply all your need according to his
      riches in glory by Christ Jesus."    Philippians 4:19