libmysqlclient.10 breaking on 2.6 upgrade

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade my kernel from 2.4.22 to 2.6.7.  When I boot to the
new kernel, apache fails when trying to load mod_auth_mysql with the error:

Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_auth_mysql.so into server:
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined
in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

The person who setup this system did install mysql from source, but
mod_auth, libsqlclient, glib and libc are all installed as .debs

In attempting to fix this problem I did an apt-get upgrade with no issues
(yet...)!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for solving this problem?

Thanks,

Alex