Re: Broadcom 5788 - Network Driver

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:59:12 +0100
Werner Otto <werner.otto@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently bought myself a new shuttle pc SB75G2. I am having trouble
> trying to find a driver for this network card: Broadcom 5788
> 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet. The kernel seems to pic it up as an
> Intel card.
>
> I have'nt used Debian in a few months and am a bit rusted.

I successfully downloaded them from Broadcom's website for a 4401 card I
had that came with a Dell at work. Their site mentions that the driver
works for the 57xx series, too.

You'll have to compile them for yourself, but that's not too hard, in my
experience. The url is: http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/support.php

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #21:
In a world without fences, who needs Gates?