Re: [Rant] The Endless Search for a Mail Client That Doesn't Suck

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:01:31 +0800, John Summerfield writes:
<mh>
>>But I'm not sure about IMAP support...  in the past when I've
>>wanted something like that I've been able to just mount the MH
>>mail directory over the network, but there are Issues (to say the
>>least) with trying to do that across the Internet...  dep't.  I
>>think you have to *build* MH with POP support, and I'm not sure
>>(yet) whether it supports IMAP at all (although I notice fetchmail
>>does, so there's probably a way to map MH folders to IMAP folders...
>>hmmm...)

>Downloading the contents of imap folders goes far to defeat the purpose
>of IMAP: I can read the same mail ising different IMAP clients on
>different computers and across different operating systems.

Now, an IMAP-server whose backend is mh. That would be really useful,
 especially if it'd properly use sequences.

Or is there something like that already and I just haven't found it yet?

cheers,
&r<this message brought to you via exmh>w
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /