Re: Perfect mirror copy?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Kent Andersen wrote:

> what would be the procedure for making a perfect bootable copy of a primary
> linux drive?
> say I have two exact drives and want to make a backup of the first one so I
> could boot it in another computer?

read the howto ... google for it ... try it ...test it .. play with it

and if you have $$$$, try buying ghost or other commercial app
and watch those puppies die for one reason or another

or even better ...

	fdisk your-second-disk
	mount /dev/your-second-disk /mnt/clone
	cd / ; tar cf $DIR | ( cd /mnt/clone ; tar xvfp - )
	lilo or grub or dd the MBR data
	umount /mnt/clone

c ya
alvin