Re: [Rant] The Endless Search for a Mail Client That Doesn't Suck

> Downloading the contents of imap folders goes far to defeat the purpose
> of IMAP: I can read the same mail ising different IMAP clients on
> different computers and across different operating systems.

Well, some of the mailers supposedly will "Synchronize" (yeah, right)
your local folder image with whatever is on the server, which would
be nice if it worked, so you could conduct interactive stuff locally
and just use the link for keeping stuff synchronized

but, yeah, in practice, unfortunately you're right...