Re: Loading kernel modules at startup

> Ooh! modconf! It wasn't installed (how would I know?).

After each install of a Debian system I always install "modconf", "vim"
and "fbset" since I can't believe any sensible system is usable without
them. Especially modconf is a must. Most of the time I add "most" to get
rid of "more" and "less".

> When I tried to install modules, it complained that modprobe.conf wasn't
> there. So I created an empty modprobe.conf and was able to install the
> modules (which caused problems with X, so I deleted it again). Was that an
> appropriate action?

Simply installing modconf should be enough.

O. Wyss

--
How to enhance your code, see "http://freshmeat.net/projects/wxguide/";