Re: Sid is Sid, before or after a release, right?

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 10:19:32PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> Why? That's killing your data.

I have backups.  It's not O/C'd to an insane degree.  I just like to do
it.  I have a 3.2 O/C to 3.6, 220FSB.  Sometimes I forget and leave it
at 230FSB, which is stable in Windows but not in Linux.  If I boot at
230 and do something rude like kill X while a bunch of heavy duty work
is going on, sometimes I'll get corruption in /var/log or /tmp.
Sometimes that happens anyway, but if I back down the O/C a skotch it
doesn't seem to happen quite as frequently.

It never seems to occur on my data partitions, only on the system
partition in system-type areas.

At 220FSB Kernel compile goes 14% faster.  That's about a minute faster.
14% isn't anything to sneeze at during 3-hour long CPU intensive things
like transcoding; or just day-to-day things.

People usually say "just buy a dual-CPU."  Eh.  Whatcha gonna do.
Lots of things would be nice.