Re: using two vga adapters

Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

hi,
I've got an Intel 815e motherboard with On-board VGA. I've also added a
Sis AGP card onto it.

If the integrated chipset is considered AGP, no; you can only have one active AGP card at a time.

Both are supported well by the kernel. I'm using
both kernel 2.4.25 and 2.6.3 on sarge.
Can I use both the vga cards ? Say, in framebuffer modes. One as fb0 and
the other as fb1 ?
At present my system crashes when firing up X on it. Also display only
comes onto the monitor attached to the Sis AGP card. :-(
I have already tried experimenting my xserver configurations with both
the VGA specifics.

If one is PCI and the other is AGP, you should be able to get both working.

Even my Windoze machine crashes as soon as it brings up the GUI.
But maybe not; perhaps these two cards just don't play nice.

Will I have to stick to one single card ????
If you have another card instead of the Sis; try it temporarily; if it works, I'd guess that the built-in and the Sis don't play nice together.

--
Kent