Samba + cups - doesn't work after boot until samba restarted

I just installed the latest stable version of debian 3.0 on our small office
network (mainly windows 2000).  It's going to function as a remote access,
mail and print server.  I am pretty new to debian but chose it for its ease
of upgrading and reputed stability and reliability.  I set up cups and samba
with minimal modifications to the configs.  I noticed that the setup didn't
work several weeks ago and I fixed the problem by restarting samba.

Over the weekend there was a power surge which rebooted our machine.  Once
again the print server didn't work.  After a lot of head scratching I fixed
the problem by restarting samba.

I have now fixed the problem by renaming /etc/rc2.d/S20cupsys to
/etc/rc2.d/S19cupsys.  Presumably samba was starting before cups and it now
starts after cups.

I'm a bit concerned that this will get wrecked some time in the future when
cups gets upgraded (and I've forgotten about what I've done).

Has anyone else experienced this?  Should I report it as a bug?

Unfortunately such things don't help the credibility of this "new" operating
system in our office!!