Re: Switching between KDE and Gnome - How?

matt zagrabelny wrote:

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 11:25, Paul E Condon wrote:
I have both KDE and Gnome on my Sarge. I have both kdm and gdm
display managers. When I stop kdm and start gdm, I get the
gdm login screen and when I use it I am logged into the KDE
desktop, which is not what I want.
What is the Debian correct way to bring up the Gnome desttop
on a system where both are installed?

you should be able to choose your desired session (gnome or kde) in
either gdm or kdm.
For example, in KDM (sid), there's a button on the lower right of the login manager window, which I think says something like "Options" or "Session Types"; within that button you can choose KDE or Gnome or icewm (assuming it's installed), etc. GDM has a similar option, only it's somewhere in the top menus.

You can also specify your preferred wm/environment in ~/.xinitrc, and then choose "Default" in KDM/GDM.

--
Kent