Re: New Accounting Project Was: Debian GnuCash packages orphaned

[John Hasler]
> I consider SQL-Ledger superior, but that isn't saying much either.

Thank you, as one of the sql-ledger maintainers. :)

> There is a new Alioth project called Advacs to produce an accounting
> system suitable for small business.  It will not be a Quickbooks
> clone.

It would be interesting if there were a scanner and OCR system
connected to it, for document storage (think invoices) and retrieval.

One would scan all incoming mail, detect invoices and run OCR on them
to locate vendor and amount, and make the transaction available for
the accountant for assigning of the right account and approval of the
right people.  If it in addition could connect semi-automatically to
the electronic bank to schedule the payment, it would save me a lot of
work. :)

SQL-Ledger is not quite there yet. :)