How popular is Debian (popularity contest)

I came across this website http://popcon.debian.org/
It shows statistics how many people have installed a certain package on what kind of system etc. etc. If you want to anonymously report what packages you are using you have to have the popularity-contest package installed. I guess many people using Debian have it installed. That's why I was amazed that the number of submissions is only around 6000. Are there only around 1000 debian users on the world (assumption 60% of them sends reports)

Also 9 architectures have 20 or less submissions. 3 architectures have only 1 submission. Seems to me supporting all these architectures for all the developers is quite some burden just to help out a few users.

Is there something wrong with my reasoning???

Jaap