RE: ZIP drive question

(reply at bottom)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Forinash, Kyle wrote:

> Thanks! I have not yet resolved the issue because I haven't been able to work on it (I've been out of town for two weeks). I'll check out the link next week and see if that helps. I'll post to the listserv if I figure it out.
>
> kyle

Kyle,

	I also set up sudo to let users on my system use the iw command to
mount and umount the Zip cartridge.  I'm using this with a USB Zip250
drive.

	There is a jazip package on woody stable that is supposed to work
with other Zip drives, but it requires libform0.89 which is distributed
only in binary form (since the source is not released to the public).
I've downloaded the libform0.89 tarball file from Debian.org but haven't
installed it.  Even if I download the package I can't test since I don't
have a SCSI connection on the Gateway 500 (I have a SCSI Zip 100 on my
Amiga) and don't have ATAPI Zip drive.

	Sincerely,