Re: [Rant] The Endless Search for a Mail Client That Doesn't Suck

Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> writes:
> Over the years, my email usage has grown enormously.  I now have 70 IMAP
> folders, am subscribed to around 50 mailing lists, and receive over 2000
> emails per day.

Perhaps not the answer you want, but have you considered reading the
mailing lists through a news gateway like gmane? (http://gmane.org)

They carry something like 6000 lists currently, and as far as I can
see they are willing to add any list, including automatic ones like
cvs. As long as the list admin is happy with it, anyway.

That would probably take care of most of the 2000+ messages, nntp
would be (I guess) faster than imap, and you don't have to worry about
expiry. And with the right client (gnus :-) you can mix imap/nntp
folder order as you like.

Just an idea.

--
Joachim