Re: Easy (hopefully) apt-get question

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 12:41:11PM -0400, Tony Uceda Velez wrote:
> Greetings -
> When I do a apt-get upgrade (after doing an apt-get update), I see that the
> only libs/ files/ etc that are updated are some utils and libraries for
> mutt.  Is there a default file/ conf file that I need to alter to update the
> rest of my packages on my system (pertaining to brownser, gaim, shell
> windows, mail clients, etc,etc).

Well it will only upgrade the packages that have newer versions
available which in "Woody" are mostly security updates. If you
need newer versions of software (up-to-date) try mixing "testing"
or "unstable/sid". Although, I wouldn't recommend it personally.
These are too much of a "moving targets". I'm happy as a clam
with my Woody :)

Also, you might want to give http://www.backports.org/ a visit
for newer versions of software that have been "ported" back in
to "Stable" from "Testing/Unstable".

HTH,

Didar

--

My CODE of ETHICS is vacationing at famed SCHROON LAKE in upstate New York!!

                  Random signature generated by Signify v1.07
                             http://www.debian.org/