Re: Debian Install with Parellel Support

On my woody system (bf2.4.18) using modconf as root to load the parallel
port stuff helped.  I also went through the packages list for stable on
debian.org and downloaded cups, foosamatic, and a few other things that
looked like they would work with my parallel printer, a HP 697C.  The
thing that got it working was using the add printer wizard on KDE.  Now I
just need to tweak the right margin to avoid losing the leftmost printed
column.  (BTW, how do I do that?)

I have not yet been able to get the HP psc1210 on an USB port working yet.
Anyway, at least I now have the parallel printer responding to lp
commands.  I wonder if I need to do anything with lpadmin or lpoptions?
I downloaded a PPD file from a website specifically for the HP 697C.
Also, there are 2 files for the parallel printer.  I chose the cdj67
something or other (I can't look because I'm doing this from work.) file
that the KDE printer wizard found.  (The wizard gave me a choice of 2
files to use with the HP 697C parallel printer.)

	Sincerely,
	(Mr.) Gayle Lee Fairless

Linux Gcomm 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i686 unknown

PS Please CC since I subscribe to the digest and not the list.