Re: floppy led don't turn off when booting on 2.6

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 10:40:01 +0200, castet.matthieu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When booting 2.6.7 linux kernel on PC, if the timeout of the boot loader
> is very short (less than 1 second: the floppy led turn on by the bios
> trying to boot on floppy don?t had the time to turn off) the floppy led
> never turn off, but if I wait in the boot loader a little the led turn
> off.
>
> Have you got any idea about this problem?

No, not exactly.  However, here are some lines from my /boot/grub/menu.lst

  ## timeout sec
  # Set a timeout, in SEC seconds, before automatically booting the
  # default entry (normally the first entry defined).
  timeout         10

Perhaps you could check your configuration file and perhaps (again)
adjusting the timeout would help.