Re: Onboard soundcard just disappearing...

* [Wednesday 04 August 2004 20:06] Ian Knopke:

> Are you sure the hardware is still working properly? I have had
> soundcards fail permanently before.

Argh... And: no, I'm not sure. How can I make sure anyway? I was
starting to think of a hardware problem too, but I thought if the
card is properly detected, it should be all right... So you say it
doesn't necessarily have to be?

As for your other questions: I didn't move my computer around or
something like that, no. The card just, well, stopped working out of
the blue.

> What kind of soundcard is it exactly?

Ehm... An onboard card; it's identified as 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio.
*blush* That's about all I know, really, except from the fact that
I've always been able to play music with i8x0 drivers.

cat /proc/asound/cards reports

 0 [VirMIDI        ]: VirMIDI - VirMIDI
                      Virtual MIDI Card 1
 1 [I82801BAICH2   ]: ICH - Intel 82801BA-ICH2
                      Intel 82801BA-ICH2 at 0xa800, irq 17

Greets,
Tom