Re: Resize partitions urgent help

Carl Fink wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 11:34:29PM +0300, David Baron wrote:
> > When I put in a second disk in my Windows box and could not get fdisk to work,
> > I shelled out the money for ParitionMagic. Does the job--reparitioning is
> > scarey, especially when there is already data on the disk.
>
> I used BOOT-IT, which is much cheaper and worked perfectly.  You need a
> Windows system (not necessarily the one being partitioned) to use it, at
> least the downloaded version -- it's a Windows program that creates a boot
> diskette or CD-ROM.  I haven't tried it under WINE.
> --
> Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
> Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading
> http://www.jabootu.com

If you meant BootIt NG (BING), you don't actually need DOS or Windows to
make the diskette. You can create the floppy disk by just copying the
raw image (DISKIMG3.DAT) included in the downloaded zip file with a
command such as 'cp DISKIMG3.DAT /dev/fd0'

And making a bootable CD is just a matter of using that same file as the
boot image while creating the ISO file with 'mkisofs', or of course you
can also do that from xcdroast etc.

Tom