Adaptec AIC7901

List,

I have an Adaptec AIC7901 [1] on my Intel SE7210TP1-E [2] and I have
been unable to install debian sarge via the cd minimal installation
disk (/sarge_d-i/i386/beta4/).

I also have attempted it on the daily image of: 20040801.

It does not auto detect the hardware on installation and an insmod on
any of the aic7*.o modules also dont work (if I can remember correctly
aic7xxx.o, aic79xx.o, and aic7xxx_old.o).  They all return: No Such
Device.

I noticed on the lists (french debian user), another user was having
problems [3].  I dont know french, and using babel fish [4] I
attempted to figure out if there was a solution, and I could not find
one at all.  Any suggestions or points in the right direction would be
greatly appreciated.  If this is the wrong list, please let me know
where I should post this issue.

TYIA,

Matt