Re: unable to install anything

> Curtis Vaughan wrote:

>>> No...I said "memory".  Memory != Storage.
>>> Memory is RAM, not hard drive space.
>>> Try 'free -m', instead of 'df -h'.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Zaq
>>>

>> Oh, man! Here's my output of 'free -m':
>>
>> Mem:           116        112          4          0          1
>> 35
>> -/+ buffers/cache:         75         41
>> Swap:            0          0          0
>>
>> and here's what 'top' shows:
>>
>> Mem:    119048k total,   115540k used,     3508k free,     1896k buffers
>> Swap:        0k total,        0k used,        0k free,    35804k cached
>>
>> Why don't I have any swap memory?
>>
>> Curtis
>>

> Because you didn't set up a swap partition, undoubtedly...

Of course I set up a swap partition.  This computer has been running for
years with a swap partition.  Tomorrow I can tell you exactly what size I
even gave it.  However, I recently decided to update to sarge.  I thought
everything was running fine.  But I noticed it seemed to crash at times.
Something totally unexpected for Linux, particularly Debian.  Only now
have I noticed that I seemingly have no swap partition.  So, what could
have possibly cause the swap to disappear when upgrading to sarge
(testing)?