Re: Security camera management software

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 12:32:56AM -0700 or thereabouts, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> writes:
>
> > A friend of mine recently asked me if any decent software exists for
> > Linux for managing security cameras.  He intends to setup up 6 or 7
> > cameras, and wants to be able to manage them from a MacOS X box.
>
> Seriously?  Or is this a toy project?  Having used security cameras as
> part of my job, I can safely say that every digital camera system blows
> balls.  If you want usable footage, go analog for this project.  Whoever
> has to look at the footage for some minute detail will thank you for it.

Have a look at http://www.supercircuits.com for cameras. They have
some decent stuff that my buddy and I have bought. I just have my
stuff going to a monitor with a quad and vcr, although the new
dvr's look nice. At work my boss has some type of interface cards
going to his setup, 16 cameras.. but the software is windows only.

Dana