Re: exim? imap?

On Monday 02 August 2004 17:14, Hendrik Boom hurled the following on the wire:
> I'm running a debian woody server, using exim (I believe -- actually,
> I have whatever Debian installs as default, which I believe is
> exim), and I have peen persuaded that I should change over to imap.

You seem to be confused about some of these matters.

Exim: An MTA (The sending and routing part of a mail server)
IMAP: A protocol used by mail clients to read mail on an IMAP capable mail
server.

You can have Exim as MTA with am IMAP server on your machine.

I suggest you skim through the introductions of the documentation for an MTA
(for example: Exim) and an IMAP server (for example: Cyrus) so that you
understand the differences.

Before you do so, don't install a thing ;)

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.