Re: What are the dangers of using packages from both stable and testing?

> > What are the dangers of using packages from both stable and testing?

Okay...  I got told by someone on this list: (a) that it is system
suicide,
and (b) that the fact that it is system suicide is well-documented in
many places with ample dire warnings in 384 languages including Martian.

But I haven't been able to find any such warnings yet, and nobody
answered my "Where does it say that?" question.

One thing I *am* certain of, is that if you are running one release,
the risk increases proportionally with the number of additional
other-release packages that get sucked in with whatever you tried to
load from  the other release.  However, even so, it only takes *one*
infernal incompatibility to land you back at the command prompt with
X11 whining like a bad alternator bearing, or worse yet trying to
resurrect your system via CD-ROM...

(Nonetheless, I'd still like to know where all the fabled and legendary
DON'T DO THIS warnings are) (especially the one written in Martian)