/dev/dsp problem

  Hi list,

---------------------
Debian Sid up to date
Kernel 2.6.7 debian patched
emu10k1 on pci card ( SB live player ) - alsa
----------------------

 I'm currently trying to run the unreal tournament
2004  demo but it runs without sound.

 Yet, my sound card is pretty nice configured, I'm
using an SB Live! 1024 ( emu10k1 ) with alsa, loaded
as a module. Sound work perfectly in all applications,
dvds, mp3 etc...even the surround is perfect ( by the
way, how wonderful is alsa ! ).

  I'm pretty experienced with debian, but the only log
I have is "/dev/[sound/]dsp no such device". So, I
think I have to make a symbolic link to my sound
device, but I don't understand which one. When I start
to read a mp3 with xmms for exemple, I can list with
"lsof" which /dev is running, it appears to be
/dev/snd/controlC0 or something like that, but link it
to /dev/sound does not work more. Does anyone know a
way to run it or the file I have to link to make it
run with sound, please ?

 I have googled but found nothing very interesteding,
because many users uses desktop managers such kde and
assistants to manage their system, so they don't know
how it works.

I hope that this list will be useful to my problem.

Best regards,

=====
Remy Harel - remy.harel@gicm.fr
G.I.C.M - Distributed Systems & IT Team
Linux Registered User #224740

Vous manquez d?espace pour stocker vos mails ?