Re: Howto make root commands available to any user

Hi Otto

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 10:36:39AM +0200, Otto Wyss wrote:
> On my desktop system I'd like to make certain commands requiring root
> (i.e. halt) available to ordinary users. What choices do are there?

sudo

> Are there already any script which makes a desktop linux system more
> user friendly?

Be careful with 'user friendly'. It is not quite clear what you mean here, but
often it means that a system can easily be damaged - by a careless user or some
attack from outside. E. g. Windows claims to be very user friendly and the
results are well known.

Regards
--
Joachim Fahnenmüller

# Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
# your ~/.signature to help me spread!