Re: how can other users use X?

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 17:35, rich hurled the following on the wire:
> I start my X session as one user, then from a terminal where I've su'ed to
> another (not root), I want to be able to use gvim, but it tells me it's not
> allowed to use the X server.
>
> How can I get this working?

Give that user permission to connect to the X server.
Check out the xhost man page.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.