intel PIIXn SATA on 2.6.7 kernel

hello list!

	Does anybody have intel PIIXn SATA running properly on debian with 2.6.7 kernel? I have IBM xSeries eServer 206 with such device. I installed sarge, witch has a 2.4 kernel. I have updated module-init-tools. With 2.4 it works, but SATA device is as a primary slave device (/dev/hdc). I took Suse Live CD 9.1(one that boots all OS from cd) witch runs on 2.6.5 kernel, and looked at dmesg. There I found that my SATA device is scsi on /dev/sda. I took a kernel config file from /boot and did: make oldconfig, make bzImage, make modules, make modules_install. Configured lilo.conf(also ran lilo). But my new kernel cant find boot system. I have taken into account fact that my boot device have changed to /dev/sda. But when i boot my new 2.6.7 kernel i got a sweet kernel panic error, which announces me about cute VFS error. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!