Re: yay! I can print!

"Monique Y. Mudama" <spam@bounceswoosh.org> wrote:

|> > Several others, myself included, have seen this same behavior. Like
|> > you, I don't find printing important enough to have followed the
|> > revelant threads to a solution, but I'm thinking it may have something
|> > to do with the dropping of postscript output in the Debian package of
|> > Firefox (which caused a big flap a few weeks back on this list).
|>
|> Ah, yes, I saw some flapping but didn't realize it affected me =)

This could be your problem if you're running a quite recent (from
Debian testing) version of Firefox which uses Xprint to do its
printing.

If that *is* your problem, the solution, for many people at least, has
been to edit the file:

 /etc/Xprint/en_US/print/attribute/document

and/or:

 /etc/Xprint/C/print/attribute/document

(it depends on how how you have locales set up on your system).

and set:

*default-printer-resolution: 600

Jim