Re: syncing pda + phone on linux?

On 2004-07-25, Joost De Cock penned:
> Quoting "Monique Y. Mudama" <spam@bounceswoosh.org>:
>
>> I use starfish truesync on winbleh to sync up my handspring platinum
>> visor with my computer and my motorola v60i.  I know that I can sync
>> my PDA to various linux apps, but do any support phones as well and
>> let me sync both to my computer at once?
>
> KDE's Kitchensync should support that in the future. Currently in KDE,
> there's Kandy for mobile phone synching, Kpilot for HotSync syncing
> (supporting your Visor amongst others) and Kitchensync does synching
> with the Opie platform (I use it to sync my linux running Ipaq).
>
> The idea seems to be that Kitchensync would become the framework to
> 'sync anything with anything' but currently, it's not yet there.
> However, it is under development in CVS, so maybe in the future, it
> may be what you've been waiting for.
>

> I know this is not really an answer to your question, but I just
> wanted to point out this option for the future.

Thanks for the heads-up, anyway.  It's good to know they're working in
that direction.  Maybe I'll poke my head over there and check it out; I
don't know much about how the syncing works, but I'd imagine that
kitchensync is more about making the various file formats interoperate,
and I ought to be able to help with that.  If I can get off my lazy
butt.

--
monique