Help with samba 3

Hi everyone. I'm trying to set up samba 3 to be a client on a Windows NT
network. I have smbd running and my hostname ( foo ) configured- not much
else.

My box appears in the Network Neighborhood on the Windows machines just fine.
Also, my workstation has been "allowed" on the network.

What baffle me, is that whenever I try to connect to another
workstation/server on the network for any reason I get the following.

[root@foo]! smbclient //fooman/share pword -U user
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_WORKSTATION

Now, I understand that this error is a result of my workstation not being
allowed to access the shares on the network. But, I've already been added to
the workgroup.

I believe the problem is that smbd is being added to the workgroup, but the
connections I try to make with smbclient or smbspool are not going through
smbd at all and are therefore invalid workstations.

My question is, does anyone know how this can be rectified on either end?