Re: winbind and pam_mount

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 14:42, koolguy@dsl.pipex.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am configuring a system to authenticate users against an AD windows
> 2003 server, and if the user does not have a homedir it will
> automatically be created on the Linux server.
>
> Ive managed to do all this using the winbind daemon, samba, kerboros
> (for autherntication) to the AD server.
>
> However i would like to take this one step forward so that users
> windows "Home Directories" are also automatically mounted upon logon
> to the linux server, they need to be mounted within a mount folder
> under their Linux homedir .
>
> i can do this using pam_mount, but this means i need to know exactly
> which windows server the users homedirectory is located, i would like
> a way for querying the ADS to check which windows server the user is
> on and then automatically mount the windows homedir on the linux
> server.
>
> Does anyone have a script or know anyway this can be done?

Well, I believe there are some references I'll have to look for...

But, what I am REALLY looking for is for you to send me a confidential
or sanitized smb.conf.

I am struggling severely right now with the exact issue you have solved.

Beggin. I'll do the research for the pam stuff and help out that way...
Honest!!!

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is