Re: Multihead display without a desktop on second monitor

On 22 Jul 2004, Frank H. Baker wrote:

> at the top and bottom on a uniform background.  I have not enabled
> Xinerama in XF86Config-4.

that should give you one desktop .. but also allow you to drag
xterms across the monitor which is NOT the same as DISPLAY=localhost:0.1
with xinerama off

> Do you have any suggestions how, for instance, to prevent a display
> manager from running on the two auxiliary screens or, I guess,
> to prevent a session from displaying on them?

my guess is you have to force feed it the defaults ...
	- each distro might have different ideas of different XF86Config
	defaults

i've had that 2nd desktop to show up or disappear based on which
XF86Config i'm using

c ya
alvin