Re: Need a Traffic Shaping Crash Course Please

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 23:50, Scarletdown wrote:
> For some reason, this isn't showing up on lists.debian.user, so I will
> go ahead and repost it here...
> This time, however, it will need to be done on two fully operational
> systems, so a failure will be more "catastrophic".  Therefore, I will
> need precise step by step instructions on how to do this.  And if things
> do still go wrong, instructions on how to recover using something like
> Knoppix (which is actually how I did my Linux install in the first
> place) or Mepis.

General advice on making changes to "mission critical" systems:
Learn a backup package (minimal install + tar, amanda, whatever).
Practice restoring a couple of times, then BACKUP TWICE, make your
changes and hope they go well.  If not, use those newly earned restore skills to get back to a good configuration.

Pat

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.