Wacom Tablet Setup

Greetings All,

I had my Wacom Graphire tablet working reasonably well in kernel 2.4 but
haven't yet attempted to set it up in the 2.6 kernel.  Has anyone had any
success doing that?  All the resources I've gathered from Google and the web
are for the 2.4 kernel.  The man pages on Wacom are useless to me because I
do not know how to interpret them for the Graphire, the smallest of the
tablets, thankfully I do know how to restore the XF86Conf-4 file if I do hose
it so I can store XServer.

I'm feeling masochistic enough to try but some encouragement and hopefully a
pointer or two would leave me ecstatically grateful.

Thanks ahead of time for any help!
Gail