RE: your mail

I tried that with no success.  I left the default-display manager entry to
xdm.  Simply creating that file and adding 'exec fluxbox' (without the
quotes).  Upon starting X and getting my login window (under KDE) it halts
and can't get past loading any of the other services under X.  I deleted the
file and restored as it was. Another Debian user suggested solely changing
~/.xsession.  I somehow feel there is more to this. Finding some errors in
my ~/.xsession-errors file, I see errors pertaining to the following:

_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
Invalid entry (missing '=') at /home/tonyuv/Desktop/Debian.desktop:2
Invalid entry (missing '=') at /home/tonyuv/Desktop/Debian.desktop:3
Invalid entry (missing '=') at /home/tonyuv/Desktop/Debian.desktop:4
Invalid entry (missing ']') at /home/tonyuv/Desktop/Debian.desktop:5

Looking at this file, I see the following:

[Desktop Entry]
Icon=deb
Type=Link
URL=file:/etc/kde2/debian.html

Any significance or adminissable error you think?

Thanks so much.

Tony UcedaVélez
Security Analyst
tvelez@secureworks.com
877.884.1110
SecureWorks. Rock-solid Internet security.
No hassles. No headcount.  No capital outlay.
http://www.secureworks.com