Re: Detaching and reattaching a process to different terminals?

One thing that might be possible is to attach gdb (GNU debugger) to it
and then cause a segfault, then in the tty start the process off from
where it was.  I don't know whether that's possible though.

The more long term solution is to use screen for processes like that.

apt-cache show screen