Re: ZIP drive question.

Re: ZIP drive question..
From:
"Jacob S." <stormspotter@6texans.net>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:53:37 -0500
To:
debian-user@lists.debian.org

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:20:22 -0500
"Forinash, Kyle" <kforinas@ius.edu> wrote:

>Hi Jacob, thanks for trying to help me out. Here is what I tried (to
>no avail). How do I know what fs types are available (I tried
>repartitioning the zip as Extended but got the same not supported
>error)? Am I doing something stupid here?

>/home/kyle# /bin/mount /dev/hdd /mnt/zip
>mount: you must specify the filesystem type
>/home/kyle# /bin/mount -t vfat /dev/hdd /mnt/zip
>mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdd,
>       or too many mounted file systems
>/home/kyle# /sbin/fdisk /dev/hdd

>Command (m for help): p

>Disk /dev/hdd: 64 heads, 32 sectors, 239 cylinders
>Units = cylinders of 2048 * 512 bytes

>   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
>/dev/hdd4   *         1       239    244720    6  FAT16

>Command (m for help): q

>physics:/home/kyle# /bin/mount -t FAT16 /dev/hdd4 /mnt/zip
>>mount: fs type FAT16 not supported by kernel

------------------
You're on the right track. As root try "mount -t vfat /dev/hdd4
/mnt/zip".

HTH,
Jacob
Nope I get:
/home/kyle# /bin/mount -t vfat /dev/hdd4 /mnt/zip
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdd4,
       or too many mounted file systems
       (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
       ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

I'm still stumped....(but thanks for the help-at least I'm not being stupid)

kyle