Re: samba is running very slow

erich steiger wrote:

i have debian sarge testing installed on my notebook (1.6 Ghz, 256 MB RAM
100Mbit/s LAN). If I access a SMB-Server, it doesn't mather that this is a
windows or a samba server, my samba client is realy slow. if i copying some
files i can get around 20KBit/s throughput in a 100Mbit LAN. I tried also
smbmount, konqueror and nautilus with smb://myserver/myshare. all these
variants do work but realy, realy slow.

has anyone any idea?
greetz
richard

Try disable webclient service on Windows side (XP/W2K). I have read this solution somewhere I forgot .
Wish you luck.

regards